To install the required jar and driver for Selenium WebDriver when using Protractor automation too you have to install WebDriver Manager which downloads all the required jars and drivers.
You can install WebDriver Manager from the command prompt or directly from Visual Studio Code. This is one of the powerful features which I like most in VSCode.
1. Open Visual Studio Code
2. Click on the Terminal menu
3. Click ‘New Terminal’
4. You will see that Terminal is open at the bottom-most screen of Visual Studio Code
5. Run the below command
# To install globally npm install -g webdriver-manager or # To install locally webdriver-manager update You are Done!!
1. I would recommend installing WebDriver Manager and any other library in your root project directory.
2. Ignore any warning you see in the terminal while installing WebDriver Manager.
3. If you see any error while installing WebDriver Manager then close Visual Studio Code and run webdriver-manager update command again.